- Academics & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Tuition & Aid
- News & Events
Doctoral Program Admissions
Admissions decisions are based on a composite of all documentation in the application file. All documents become the property of Dominican University. All application materials, including transcripts and test scores, MUST be submitted to be considered for entry into the program.
- Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, submit materials by July 8, 2016. The next PhD cohort will begin in fall 2016.
- For the doctoral program: A master's degree from an ALA-accredited library and information science program or a master's degree from a recognized institution in a related area
- For the Accelerated MLIS/PhD option: A bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally-accredited institution
- For both the doctoral program AND the Accelerated MLIS/PhD option: 3.0 GPA
- For both the doctoral program AND the Accelerated MLIS/PhD option: Submission of a complete application package; see checklist below
Admission application checklist
- Completed application form (download the .pdf file)
- A non-refundable application fee of $25; $50 for international applicants; mail a check with your application or pay online
- 1,500-word statement of purpose
- Official transcripts from all degrees awarded. Applicants who were educated outside the U.S. may be asked to have official credential evaluations completed by an agency such as Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ece.org) at their own expense.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from professors or employers, with cover forms (download the .pdf file)
- GRE or MAT scores within the past five years
- After all admissions materials have been received, exceptional candidates will be selected for interviews with the director of the doctoral program and a member of the PhD Advisory Committee. Expenses related to the interview are the responsibility of the candidate. The interview will be conducted at Dominican University or by voice/video web conferencing.
No online materials will be accepted.
To find out more please contact the director of the doctoral program, Karen Snow, PhD, at (708) 524-6077, email@example.com.