- Academics & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Tuition & Aid
- News & Events
Master of Library and Information Science Degree (MLIS)
Dominican University’s Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) program sets the standard for excellence. We continually re-evaluate our rigorous academics to make sure our students gain the necessary skills needed to be successful in today’s ever-changing environment. With more than 500 students, we have grown to become one of the nation’s premier MLIS degree-granting institutions.
All students must take a set of required courses that includes an introduction to the profession, organization of knowledge, reference and online services, and management. Through this approach, they gain the broad range of skills needed by all librarians as well as develop a solid basis on which to determine their choice of specific career pathways.
In addition, our students benefit from
- Nationally recognized faculty who are known for their accomplishments as well as their deep commitment to teaching
- Small classes in which they can work one-to-one with their instructors and fellow students
- Our network of influential and supportive alumni who are library leaders around the world
- Practicums and internships designed to provide real-world experience
- Flexible class times, scheduled in convenient time blocks at multiple locations (River Forest, Greater Chicago and the University Center of Lake County in Grayslake)
- Various class formats including face-to-face, online, and hybrid